Sunday, May 2, 2010

Addicted to Swaddling


What can make a baby go from this to this:


Swaddling. The dude is 4 months old and still rockin the baby straight jacket!
I think he'd like it if I carried him in the sling more, because its snug in there. But, it slows me down too much to have him in front of me when I'm trying to cook dinner or convince Goldie to use the potty.  I've been wearing him in a back carry with my Ergo. Is he too young for that?

I'd also like to give credit for the first photo to one of my girls. Not sure who was nice enough to snap a picture of their brother at his finest.

4 comments:

Loren Stow said...

LOL! I'm in the same boat! When I get the faintest idea of getting rid of the swaddle, Harlan freaks out for long enough for me to realise that we NEED it so bad!
When you're able to get rid of it, please post the 'recipe' on the blog for me to try!

Jennifer said...

I know what you mean about the sling! There were times when I knew Liam would be perfect if I could sling him, but how do you really do that when you're cooking, at a doctor's appointment for another kid, taking kids to the potty or giving them a bath, etc. I guess sometimes they just have to cry a little because there are other people to take care of. At least you have the magic swaddle!! He looks so cute! And, don't you love the new swaddles with the velcro! Love it!

Lisa said...

Brandie, I swaddled Finn for something like 8 months!! I was actually worried at some point that swaddling him for too long would somehow harm him, but I swear, it was the only way he would sleep for the longest time.

Beverly said...

so sweet. Noah loved this too. enjoy while he still loves it.