Sunday, November 22, 2009

What do you do all day?

As part of my baby preparations, I wrote down Goldie's routine for the day. My mom will be taking care of her and I want to make it as easy on both of them as possible. Plus, I can go into labor with a clear mind that Goldie's needs are being met. It may also come in handy if anyone stops by to help out after the baby is born.

I couldn't believe once I started how many little things I do for her. I also learned that while I may feel disorganized, we really do have a routine that we follow everyday. Its flexible, but consistent. It also answers the age old SAHM question, "What do you do all day? Don't you get bored?" I thought I would post just the morning to lunch portion, I don't want to completely bore you. If this doesn't seem like a lot, keep in mind that all this goes on while homeschooling my 2 older kids, making their lunch, etc...

Goldie’s Schedule

6:30-8:00 Good Morning!

Potty -Right after she wakes up Goldie pees on the potty. She is usually dry in the morning.

Breakfast Goldie likes: - toast w/ raspberry jam or peanut butter
-Waffles w/ maple syrup to dip them in
-banana
-cereal w/ soy milk (feeds herself so use 2 bibs and a placemat)
- NO cheese, milk, or yogurt
Drink - 50/50 juice (white grape or oj) and water = 8 oz w/ 5 tsp Thick-It
- add 4 drops of Vitamin D (only added to morning drink)
Ginkgo - give .50 ml in the morning (not afternoon or evening)

Get dressed, puts her pajamas away in drawer

Playtime - read books, do puzzles, play babies, watch Signing Time, helps unload dishwasher and puts her dishes away.

10:00 Potty time and snack. Encourage Goldie to drink.

Lunch - 1 orange probiotic and ½ tsp Children’s DHA
- both are on door of refrigerator, use medicine syringe for DHA
-Goldie likes: leftovers from dinner, pb&j, fruit, salad, canned pasta, chicken, salty foods, tuna, and soup
Potty

Nap - Goldie is ready for a nap by 1:00.Sometimes sooner if she was up early. She likes to rock in the recliner and listen to her GloWorm (while I sing along). Sometimes we lay on my bed and I sing to her.

Potty - Goldie usually poops after her afternoon nap. Be patient this can take a long time. It’s a good time to read some books.


So there you have it, a peak at the day in the life of Goldie!

I also did not intend this post to be about nutrition, supplements, or potty training. But, I realize people may have questions after reading it. I consider all of Goldie's supplements essential for her. She has to have probiotics and fish oil(Children's DHA) to avoid constipation. The fish oil and melatonin work together to help her sleep. We also see a difference in her speech and cognition when she is taking Ginkgo. As for potty traing, we aren't. We have practiced elimination communication since Goldie was 4 months old. Our road to being diaper free is just a little longer than most!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have heard so much about Ginkgo lately. How did you figure out what dose to give?

Mel said...

She sounds like a busy wee bee. My morning consists getting everyone up and dressed and fed, the school run for the big boy, dishes, washing, tidying up, playing, feeding, cleaning up etc etc etc. I'm interested in the ginko too.

Sasha@ Blyssfulhealth said...

That is such a good idea that you have a list of how to take care of her so you can get some rest after the baby arrives and while you are having the baby. Love that you are so organized. I am not there yet and just fly by the seat of my pants( I think...I am going to write it down and see if I do have a bit of a schedule)

SunflowerStories said...

Great idea to write it out! The only thing I did was write out my cloth diaper washing routine. I was afraid of poopy diapers sitting too long while I was in the hospital. LOL

I didn't know you EC'd Goldie. I've read a lot about the method over the years, but didn't think it would fit in our lifestyle. I am sure it's helpful for potty learning Goldie in the years to come.

Thanks for sharing your routine!

Beverly said...

sounds like you all have a great routine! You must be so excited the baby is coming soon!