Sunday, February 20, 2011

Down Syndrome Research Plan

DownSyndrome Achieves has recently held two web conferences on the abandonment of DS research. Now there's a title that gets your attention! I wasn't able to fully view either one, but the bottom line is that DS research is grossly underfunded and their is a huge disparity between the amount of funding that goes to fund Down syndrome research versus other conditions. You can sign up for more information at http://dsachieves.org/ .

I also found the National Institutes of Health Research Plan on Down Syndrome. It is an eighty page downloadable pdf. I have it downloaded to iBooks on my iPad for reading while Goldie is at therapy. Remember, information is power!

1 comment:

Tausha said...

Thank you so much for your great advice. Glad I found your blog, your family is adorable!