Thursday, October 29, 2009

More pregnancy stuff

Thanks to everyone who left such reassuring comments on my Pregnancy and PPD post. It's nice to reminded that what I'm feeling is normal for the situation and that everything does work out in the end.

I also wanted to mention that I don't dwell on the serious stuff most of the time. Goldie doesn't allow me any time for that! I am really looking forward to this little guy's birth in December. It will be our first out of hospital birth. There is something I really enjoy about labor (yes, really) and thought this would be the ideal way to give birth. I will not miss dealing with OB's who agree to a birth plan and then change their mind or nurses who can't fathom why I don't want an epidural and have the nerve to tell me "its not fair" when my baby is born before the woman in the next room's. Or staying home until the last possible minute. And don't get me started on that automatic blood pressure cuff. Since we're aware of the various complications that can arise, I am always praying that everything goes well and our baby gets the birth he needs.

Another thing I love about the midwife's office: When you walk in the door their is a series of posters on the wall. I didn't pay much attention at first. Then, I noticed that the first one is of a mother with her baby in a sling. I had to do a double take because that baby had some very familiar DNA! My heart just got all warm when I saw that and I knew I had made the right choice.

Can you imagine that hanging in an OB's office? Gasp

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, it sounds like you've had some really unpleasant hospital experiences!! I guess I've been lucky that mine have been okay. I always put my husband on guard to fend off the annoying people. I don't think I ever had my blood pressure taken during labor except when I first checked inot the hospital! My doctor was so great, though, and really let me have it my way. Good luck with your home experience.

SunflowerStories said...

Your midwife team sounds wonderful- great choice of art! I had to LOL about the cuff- those things annoy the heck out of me. I look forward to reading about your homebirth!

Mel said...

Sounds like you've found the perfect midwife :) Yay! Glad to hear things are going well and you are feeling good. Hormones are crazy things aren't they? Looking forward to 'meeting' the new addition.

Kim said...

We had our second son at home, and it was lovely.

Sasha@ Blyssfulhealth said...

I am glad you are using a midwife. I used them for both pregnancy. Well with Wysdom I kept mine while I had to get other doctors involved. I just caught up on your last couple of post. I am sorry to hear that you had PPD. I never had it but a close friend of mine did. Hang in there and I hope the dream goes away.

Sasha@ Blyssfulhealth said...

Ps. Can't wait to see the little man in December

Karen said...

Sounds like you've found a winner of an OB. :)