Sunday, January 4, 2009

Just What I Needed

My first blog award!



Thoughtfully given to me by Lisa at Finnian's Journey. Thanks Lisa!

And it is just what I needed today because the New Year's Eve stomach virus staged a sneak attack last night. After 3 days of seeming fine, Goldie was up at 3 am and has been puking off and on all day. Poor girl, its really sad because she keeps signing mim mims, but I don't want to feed her right after she's thrown up. But, she is nursing now, so we'll see how it goes... and someday I'll type with two hands again.

So, out of the 5 of us I'm the only one who hasn't succumbed to the this bug. Or maybe God feels sorry for me because I've already had TWO stomach viruses since November. I don't know if Hank will be able to go to work tonight, if he does I packed him saltine crackers instead of a sandwich.

I've lost track of how many times we've been sick so far this winter. Hank actually asked "where does this sh** come from?"

Well, you know, I take the kids to Wal-Mart and let them lick the toilets.

Seriously, I hate Wal-mart. I never go there. Ok, maybe twice a year, and I always leave ticked off. They also have the dirtiest bathrooms in town.

Honestly, I don't know where the germs come from. We never go anywhere because someone is always sick. I've become the queen of hand sanitizer and hand washing, but I can't see where its done any good. I also carry a shopping cart cover that keeps Goldie from licking touching any part of the cart. I think this is really a courtesy to other shoppers so they don't catch our germs. It also makes for a nice pillow when she falls asleep in the cart while I shop for nutritional supplements, homeopathic remedies, motrin etc...

What I really told him was that I'm sick of this and I want to move somewhere warm so we aren't cooped up inside sharing germs 1/2 the year.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh,man I hate the stomach flu! We get getting colds around here.Hope Goldie feels better soon!

SunflowerStories said...

Ugh! You know, it is just everywhere right now. So many of my kids' classmates had strep or stomach bugs over the break that I am just counting the days until we get it. It really seems impossible to avoid.

Jennifer said...

Do you have many therapists coming into your home? That's my theory on where we used to get everything prior to Aidan starting preschool...